Support Great Plains Diabetes
A contribution of any size will help Great Plains Diabetes. Thank you in advance for your gift.
- $15, $25, $50, to $100 will support the public and patient education services
- $750 will underwrite one day at our new clinic (including clinic space, staff expenses, and the electronic record system)
- $3,750 funds a week of our diabetes care
A lifeline has been provided for Kansans and their families that are faced with the challenge of living with diabetes. Great Plains Diabetes (formerly known as Great Plains Diabetes Research Inc.) has expanded their non-profit services to now include a comprehensive diabetes clinic. Since opening in September, the clinic has seen well over 300 patients providing patient centered care.
- A young husband and father of two small children noticed alarming symptoms. When he called his primary care provider, he could not be seen for several days. He knew of the diabetes care and education offered by Dr. Guthrie’s group including Belinda Childs, APRN. They encouraged him to come the next morning for evaluation. He was quickly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes that day, was started on insulin, and was provided the education needed to live successfully with diabetes. Like many fathers he has dreams for the future: watching his children receive their diplomas, walking his daughter down the aisle, greeting and loving his grandchildren. It goes without saying that this young man relies on Great Plains Diabetes’ excellent medical care to help him fulfill these goals.
- In 1985, an infant girl was diagnosed with diabetes. Dr. Guthrie and his staff at Mid-America Diabetes Associates provided her parents with the education and tools needed to care for her. For the next 28 years, Mid-America Diabetes Associates was the foundation of her medical care. She now serves as a successful marketing manager for a local non-profit and volunteers in the community. Great Plains Diabetes carries on the tradition of excellent care for her and many other patients.
People diagnosed with diabetes face similar difficult situations every day. With your support, Great Plains Diabetes will be able to continue the tradition of excellent diabetes care, education, and support services for our community.Your investment in Great Plains Diabetes will aid us in continuing to provide the highest quality diabetes care continuing the tradition started by Drs. Richard and Diana Guthrie, Belinda Childs, and their staff.
For volunteer opportunities, please call (316) 440-2802.